Thursday, February 20, 2020

Thursday ~ February 20, 2020 / 02/20/2020

The taste of food is not the result of my own effort. How wonderful is the miracle of taste! There is a mysterious interaction between the tongue, my nervous system and the quality of the food itself. How this developed, I do not know; what the secret is, always escapes me. The taste of food floats the whole eating experience and gives to it a dimension of delight that joys the mind and gives to the whole being a sense of gentleness and benevolence. How can I say "Thank You" to God for food? By making the eating of food a blessed sacrament. By a self-conscious recognition of the source. Bt sharing my food with the hungry. By knowing that my food is a gift of which I am merely the trustee.

(Howard Thurman, 1899 - 1981)

Followers

Blog Archive