Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday ~ 12 December 2013

To forgive somebody is to say that one way or another, "you have done something unspeakable, and by all rights I should call it quits between us. Both my pride and principles demand no less. However, although I make no guarantees that I will be able to forget what you've done and though we may both carry scars for life, I refuse to let it stand between us. I still want you for my friend..." When somebody you've wronged forgives you, you're spared the dull and self-diminishing throb of a guilty conscience. When you forgive somebody who has wronged you, you're spared the dismal corrosion of bitterness and wounded pride. For both parties, forgiveness means the freedom to again be at peace inside their own skins and to be glad in each other's presence.

(Frederick Beuchner, 1926 -  )


Followers

Blog Archive